What is impotence?
Get effective shockwave treatment for impotence in a safe atmosphere
Examination and treatment against impotence by specialist at eye level
When you meet Michael in the clinic, you are in safe hands. He specialises in focused shockwave treatment for erectile dysfunction and peyronie's disease and is a member of The International Society for Sexual Medicine. He treats many men of all ages with potency challenges on a daily basis. As a result, he has a wealth of specialist knowledge, understanding and experience in the field that is not seen elsewhere. And the best thing is that it is without side effects and pills are not the only solution.
Next to the treatment in the clinic, Michael is part of a multidisciplinary group in shockwave for erection problems and peyronie's disease with prof. Lars Lund, from odense university hospital. Michael also teaches other therapists and specialists in shockwave treatment internationally and in Denmark for the manufacturer Storz Medical
What is impotence and what can shockwave do?
For impotence, the clinic gives you a good and hard erection again with focused shockwave and EMTT. The treatment creates new blood vessels in the penis and stimulates nerves and muscles to give more power to the erection. It also reduces calcium and fat deposits in the swelling body, which can give you limitations. A treatment that gives you high confidence, a good and harder erection, and an increased durability. And then we put the pills against impotence, back in the drawer in connection with the treatment. When you arrive, you'll have a thorough ultrasound scan to check the quality of your tumour cells, blood vessels and blood flow. The clinic is the only one in Denmark to perform such extensive and detailed ultrasound scans for erection problems, to ensure effective treatment. At the bottom of this page, a large amount of information has been gathered, explaining in detail erection problems, treatment and prices.
Do you suffer from impotence?
Brief introduction and explanation of the treatment
You are not alone
"At the beginning of my first treatment I was a bit hesitant. Would it work or not. But after the second and third treatment I could see/feel a difference in my erection- and so could my partner:). With a combination of EMTT/shockwave you get your identity back, so to speak.Adam, 33 years old Moderate Erectile dysfunction
After the treatment I have more life in the calorieus, greater volume in the morning and throughout the day. Normally I use One injection and after the shockwave treatment I have to lower the dose, which is positive.Ove, 77 years old ED as a result of radical prostatectomy
My erection has improved and it has become a better experience in the bedroomPeter, 65 years old Moderate erection problems
Good service, and competent treatment and great hospitality that makes you feel comfortable.Max, 67 years old Severe erection problems
I have had a really good effect, have a firm morning erection and am happierFlemming, 57 years old Easy erection problems
FAQ about impotence
- At the first examination, a thorough screening of the degree of your erection problem, physical and mental health status is done. We talk openly about it and any lifestyle issues.
- Michael uncovers together whether it is a constant absence of erection, or it is more situational (psychological factors). We recommend that you have your doctor present, as we need to ensure that all blood values and any associated diseases are under control.
He will do an ultrasound scan of the penis and pelvic floor.
- You will be guided on which pelvic floor exercises to start.
- Together we will set expectations for your treatment and the level to which we expect to be able to move you, based on the results of the study.
- You receive the first treatment with shockwave and EMTT.
- Your course is planned
We will go into depth to ensure we can put the right treatment strategy in place to restore quality to your sex life. If dietary and lifestyle adjustments are needed, we use external partners.
At the first examination, we will do an ultrasound scan of both your penis and your pelvic floor, in order to target the treatment to your needs. The following will be examined:
- Blood flow in the 2 arteries of the swollen limb
- Is there lime, fat or plaque in the swelling body?
- Muscles in the pelvic floor that can indicate if there is balance in the hormonal system.
- Your control over the pelvic floor muscles.
The clinic has the latest and most advanced ultrasound scanning equipment from Sonosite, with probes targeting superficial structures and vessels. The clinic is also one of the few in Denmark to offer such extensive ultrasound scanning for erection problems, and thus has extensive experience in translating the images into a concrete treatment plan.
- The use of shockwave creates new small blood vessels in the penis and cleans the "dirt" in the swellings. The nerves, muscles and blood vessels of the diaphragm are also stimulated, giving you a stronger and better erection again. Completely without the unpleasant side effects seen with other treatments.
- A course of treatment therefore consists of 6 or 12 sessions, during which 85% of our clients experience a better and more powerful erection. The number of treatments is based on the severity of your erection problem, as well as your medication intake and lifestyle.
- We will clarify what the triggers are for you the first time you come to the clinic for an examination. Recent research and the experience of our German colleagues show that it is recommended to supplement with an additional course after 6 months. This has been shown to give a longer lasting effect (several years, at the level achieved).
- A single treatment with shockwave in combination with EMTT costs DKK 1,000. We are the only ones in Denmark to work with a combination of shockwave and EMTT, where we see a higher effect than shockwave alone.
- At the first consultation, you can choose to have an interview and examination only, which costs DKK 820 (without treatment), or to start right away.
- If you want to see a review of different studies, you can see them here: Studies on EDStudier på ED
- Shockwave impotence treatment (Erectile dysfunction) with focused shockwave is done by treating the diaphragm and shaft of the penis with shockwave. Here, the sound waves will increase blood flow, and the formation of new blood vessels, as well as breaking down any calcifications and accumulations of cholesterol in the swollen limbs. This loosens up tense muscles, restoring good blood flow to the penis from the pelvic floor.
- The shockwave treatment itself lasts about 15-20 minutes, based on research-based protocols and the equipment available at the clinic, which is the latest available.
- The treatment is painless for you, and cannot be compared to if you have had it before in, for example, a shoulder. You will only feel a slight tingling. You are of course welcome to bring your partner to the treatment if it gives you more reassurance.
- There are no risks and side effects of the treatment. You will also be able to have sexual activity as usual throughout the course of treatment. However, it may affect positively in terms of bladder control, as well as the quality in lack of ejaculation.
We also have the possibility to combine the shockwave treatment with the brand new EMTT technology, which provides an increased stimulation on the nervous system and elasticity of the tissue in the pelvic floor, as well as an increased release of growth factors, and other building blocks for increased cell quality. Therefore, we stimulate a wider area than with shockwave alone.
With this combination, a stronger effect is seen than with shockwave alone. This is also supported by our clients who have previously received shockwave as a standalone. We expect this combination to become the standard for the treatment of erectile dysfunction in the future.
We are the only clinic in Denmark that offers this innovative combination treatment, which will give you a better result and stronger erection.
After surgery for prostate cancer, it is common to see severe erection problems. Usually, the surgeon will try to preserve one of the 2 nerves running along the prostate, which has an impact on the ability to erect. If the nerve is preserved, we will be able to use shockwave to increase erection, if possible in combination with pills. Thus you will be able to maintain sexual activity and a good erection. However, it is important to come soon after surgery, as there is an open window for the first 6 months after surgery to stimulate the nerve tissue.
There are many different causes of erection problems in men, besides age. The clinic will help you at the first examination to understand why you have got your erection problem. Below are the most common ones seen
- Different types of medications (cholesterol, insulin, blood pressure regulators as the most frequent)
- Physical inactivity
- Stress / lack of sleep
- Use of steroids.
- After prostate surgery, due to nerve damage
- Tense muscles in the pelvic floor due to frequent cycling
In general, some degree of erectile dysfunction will affect about 50% of men over 50, and increases with age from there. But there are also many young people aged 20 to 40 who suffer from erection problems, and this group accounts for about 30% of those the clinic helps. So it's not just a question of "high" age.
One of the latest treatment options for impotence is with focused shockwave, which is used in the clinic at MS Insight.
- Physical activity
- Vacuum pump
- Surgery (with pump insertion)
"Despite regular exercise, a healthy diet and a continued active sex life, I have experienced a gradual deterioration in my ability to achieve a proper and sustained erection throughout my fifties. Yes, in fact, the process probably began even earlier.
I never really liked pills, and although they provide an easy and effective short-term effect. I was intrigued when I read about Michael and MS Insight. I took the test and gave myself a birthday present by purchasing what in my case was 6 recommended treatments.
You quickly get used to the formless and in no way painful treatment of shockwave therapy of the diaphragm and penis. The treatment does not hurt and you quickly get used to relaxing with the "tingling" waves from the shockwave machine.
If you can convince yourself that there is not much difference between opening your mouth and dropping your pants in private with your therapist. Then the experience is on a par with a dental cleaning. Michael is very tidy and has handled the treatments for me, and the interaction in the private room, in a good and relaxed manner every time.
After my 6 treatments I experienced a noticeable change in both the ability to have and the frequency of having a natural good erection. Nice when you wake up in the morning, and nice when you are with your boyfriend.
Although not cheap, it has been well worth the money for me and I may find myself going again in 5 or 10 years if I later lose the level I have now regained."
Treatment has 3 elements/phases
- Examination/clarification, interview and ultrasound scan
- Treatment with shockwave and EMTT, 6-12 treatments
- Pelvic floor training and lifestyle
Get a no-obligation phone consultation for erection problems
You can call for a no-obligation confidential telephone consultation with Michael to find out how you can be helped. You can also book in directly for examination and treatment, via the online system on this page. An appointment for an examination/treatment can almost always be found within a short time, if you are flexible with your schedule. You can also take tests for erection problems below.
Listen to Mads talk about his journey
Do you have questions about erectile dysfunction?
Get a no-obligation phone consultation for erection problems. Call Michael on 4140 0858.